NordVPN goes supersonic with latest 10Gbps servers speed upgrade

Rob Githinji Last updated: December 30, 2020
NordVPN 10Gbps fast servers
  • NordVPN initiates its fastest server service, aiming for a better online experience for browsing, streaming, and downloading.
  • The new 10Gbps servers are inspired by the usage of ultra-fast 5G internet.
  • Initially, the latest VPN services would be available across Seattle, Atlanta, London, and Tokyo.

A leading global VPN service provider, NordVPN is one of the fewest to provide 10Gbps servers. NordVPN offers one of the best possible VPN services in the market. With this new upgrade, it will get a lot faster.

On Dec. 21, 2020, NordVPN announced that it would be upgrading its servers’ speed to 10Gbps. The primary motto is to fulfill the void and aboard alongside the 5G technology, providing faster speed to its users.

This is a massive change among VPN servers—to introduce the 10Gbps replacing the 1Gbps. A faster VPN speed will bring a better online experience in browsing, streaming, and downloading.

For now, Nord has upgraded 20% of its entire system, but soon the upgrade will be rolled out all over the world.

What does 10Gbps bring for VPN users?

NordVPN will replace its servers with the latest 10Gbps. This will increase server speed, allowing users to move extensive data a lot quicker. At the moment, most of the VPNs are working on 1Gbps networks. So, what does the 10Gbps server bring for users?

Nord’s new addition is the future anticipation of its VPN service. As the world is adapting 5G technology, people are going to experience a faster internet world. For this, users will require a much faster VPN service to operate on the internet.

The significance of this upgrade will become more prominent in the next few years. The fact that 1Gbps server speeds will no longer be that productive for 5G users due to its limitations.

The most important factor while using the internet is speed. Nord’s 10Gbps will break that barrier and obliterate the downloading speed issues while using VPN and endless buffering.

NordVPN is very much focused on improving the user’s privacy. The importance of using a VPN nowadays is not ignorable. The increasing privacy concerns have turned more users towards VPNs.

This year, NordVPN revealed its new protocol named NordLynx. This protocol provides more security with an encrypted combination along with the speed of WireGuard.

Can you use NordVPN’s latest 10Gbps immediately?

Nord is working to provide complete 10Gbps service in some key locations, including Seattle, Atlanta, Tokyo, and London. Almost 20% of Nord’s network is now using 10Gbps servers, while the remaining 80% will be available in early 2021.

Moreover, some users are already utilizing the 10Gbps service in certain other regions from Amsterdam to Singapore. Still, this upgrade is in its initial stages and will require a bit of time to adapt accordingly. NordVPN has been one of the top VPNs in the market for a long-time now.

This is just the beginning of the future tech world, where there will be lightning-fast VPN service all over the world.

NordVPN is one of the first VPNs to bring 10Gbps server speed in the market, probably the first to make it public.

However, another VPN provider, Private Internet Access (PIA), supports this latest 10Gbps server speed. For now, it doesn’t seem that any other VPN provider has stepped up to join the 10Gbps gang.

The immense competition in the market will no longer hold back. It wouldn’t be surprising that ExpressVPN and Surfshark, among market leaders, would also soon announce something as big as this.

Share this article

About the Author

Robert is a cybersecurity, privacy, and blockchain pundit with vast experience in diverse editorial positions at major news outlets. Apart from writing, Rob is kool kat, an amateur footballer and a lover of nature.

More from Rob


No comments.